Pupil Voice - Resilience

Why is it important to be resilient?

135 responses

So you never give up.

Because if you just give up then you'll never actually do what you want to do because you need to reflect on your mistakes and fails.

So you can keep trying and you get smarter.

Otherwise if you give up you'll never get anywhere.

So you never give up in the face of adversity.

If you have a bad day or you do bad in work don't let that get in your way because if you keep trying that will never happen again and you will get better at what you did badly.

If you give up you will never achieve you goals.

So you don't give up and you continue on following your dreams.

So you try again when you get something wrong.

So you don't give up eventually you will get it.

So you can do it yourself.

If you don't try you won't get it right but if you try you might get things right.

So we can be more resilient in the future.

So you never give up on your dreams.

If we give up we never achieve anything.

So then you try your hardest..

So you can set a example to the younger people below the school years and they might become who you are today.

Because you will need resilient later on in life.

Because if you fail you wont try again and get what you wanted to achieve .

So you can keep trying when things are tricky

It is important to be resilient because you can help people, aim higher and have high expectations .

Because if you are not resilient you will no be able to handle life and your down or sad times.

So you don't have to have help all the time and you can do things on your own.


Tell us about a time when you had to be resilient. How did you keep going when things got tricky?

134 responses

When I had to walk to school.

I have been resilient in my tests.

When I tried to do a front handspring and kept trying and trying and trying all lunch and break and finally did it.

I kept practising and did it every day until I could do it.

When I got stuck on a question in a test instead of skipping it I spent more time on it than usual an worked it out.

I had a hard math whizz subject but I kept going.

In Year 4 I could not do bus stop in maths but now I'm amazing at it.

In Maths I remember failing at a question a lot, then I tried really hard (and had some help) and I did it!

When I made my sister a lego tower.

When I had to climb to the top of a climbing wall at Gravity because I am scared of heights.

When I helped my nan bake a cake.

I could never do fractions but I know that if you practise you will always get it. I just believed and carried on and now I know I can do fractions.

I used my resources

My first dance show at Norwich theatre royal because I had to perform to other people.

When I do my handwriting.

When I was at home doing my Maths Whizz and I thought it was quite hard, but I kept trying and the more I did it I got it correct.

When I went on the climbing wall at scouts.

When my nan died.

In Covid.

when I did a maths test after my cutting my knee.

I thought about what it would be like if I succeeded.

In hospital I had to go through a lot of pain of needles and everything else.

The time I had to be resilient was when my little brother died.

I didn't run for house captain but then I did and got vice.

I had to be resilient when I joined this school in Year 4,  I came over it by doing the best I could and just going with the flow of things.

I was resilient when I found out that I was dyslexic. I felt a bit sad that I have it but that did not stop me from trying.

When I fell over at hilltop

At cross country.

In English I pushed myself even when things got hard

In a football match when we were losing.

I just pushed my self to the limit.

In a race I fell over then got up on my feet and carried on running.

I was trying to lift a really heavy box but there was no one else to help me.

When I was at Hilltop and I went on the Super Swing I was so nervous but I was resilient and went on it.

When I did my first sleepover.

When I was sorting things out with a friend.

I had to be resilient when I had to learn to swim.

Comments